Guys. I think summer finally arrived!
What a beautiful holiday weekend we just had! It was so great to enjoy some time with my family in the sunshine. Aside from grilling one of my favorite things to incorporate into a summer cookout is fruit. All kinds of fruit. One of my favorites is watermelon. Close second, anything tropical.
The latest issue of Cooking Light arrived in my mailbox recently and it was filled with some delicious summer recipes. Included were these tasty Tropical Fruit Nachos! I love the fact that you don’t even have to serve these as a dessert. I opted for serving them along with my cookout snacks before the main meal.
The combination of tropical fruit and a sprinkling of toasted coconut was delicious and healthy. I suggest bringing these to your next cookout!
- Cooking spray
- 16 wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally
- Â¼ cup sugar, divided
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Â½ cup light coconut milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Â½ cup diced pineapple
- Â½ cup diced mango
- Â½ cup diced strawberries
- 1 diced peeled kiwifruit
- Â¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint
- Preheat oven to 400Â°.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange wontons on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar mixture. Bake at 400Â° for 10 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan after 5 minutes. Cool completely on pan.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to milk mixture; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Combine pineapple, mango, strawberries, and kiwifruit in a bowl; toss gently. Place wontons on a platter; top with pineapple mixture. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with coconut and mint. Serve immediately.