Sometimes life just needs a little bit of celebrating. Wouldn’t you agree? I think often times we forget to just celebrate the little things that get us through the day.
I’ve got a lot of things in life to celebrate lately including the purchase of my first home and an upcoming wedding to the love of my life. But little things deserve celebration too, such as putting the finishing touches on my wedding list (hey, every little item being checked off the list counts!) or receiving something special in the mail. Because seriously, why not just take the time to celebrate the little things?
The new issue of Food Network Magazine popped into my mailbox last week (cue the celebration) and as I leisurely paged through the issue their feature on 50 Bar Cookie recipes caught my eye. Most eye-catching were the Birthday Cake Bars, because who doesn’t love a good dessert with sprinkles?
So to celebrate Friday, here’s the recipe. Pull out some sprinkles and celebrate the big and little things in your life this weekend!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1Â½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â½ cups rainbow sprinkles
- 1 can premixed vanilla frosting
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; coat the foil with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 2 sticks butter; let cool slightly. Whisk in 1Â½ cups sugar, 3 eggs and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Stir in 2 cups flour and Â¼ teaspoon salt. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Bake until the edges are set but the center is soft, about 25 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing into squares and frosting. Top them off with additional sprinkles and enjoy!