Today Im bringing to you something that I really love, something that Im learning to love, and something that youre going to love.
Tasty salmon tacos.
Lets talk a little bit first about my love for wine because it hasnt always been this way. It really was after my trip to Italy that I began to really appreciate wine. All different wines. Reds. Whites. I have my favorites, but dont tell them that! With this great love, Im sure you can imagine my excitement when I was contacted by Rainstorm Wine to do a little taste test and recipe for them.
Rainstorm let me know that they were teaming up with Copper River Salmon out of Alaska and they wanted to know if I would do a wine and food pairing using some of their deliciously fresh salmon. Of course I was on board!
Which brings me to the thing that Im learning to love. Much like wine, I havent always been a fish person. Shellfish I can manage, fish-fish, I struggle. But my fiance has been really try to get me to love salmon and I think its working! Im learning that if cooked properly with a few herbs and spices, salmon is actually pretty awesome!
I decided to try my hand at some fish tacos, because who doesnt love tacos? Using a cedar plank and some seasonings from Fire & Flavor, I got to work. I used a simple combination of olive oil and the Classic Rub from Fire & Flavor to season the salmon. I didnt want to overpower the freshness of the salmon that came from Copper River. I grilled the salmon on a cedar plank that I had soaked in water and the flavor turned out amazing! Just a few toppings later (purple cabbage, grilled corn and guacamole) and I had the best meal ever.
Oh, and I cant forget about the wine. I paired my tacos with the Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Rose. Its light and fruity, perfectly crisp and goes well with salmon tacos!
So once you stop drooling over the photos of these tasty tacos, I want you to go pick up the ingredients to make your own at home. You wont be sorry!
- 8 ounces fresh salmon, cut into 1 cubes
- 14 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fire & Flavor Original Rub (or salt and pepper)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 ripe avocados
- 14 cup diced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and cut from the ear
- Salt to taste
- Toss the salmon cubes in a bowl with the olive oil and seasoning. Allow the salmon to marinate for 1 hour. While the salmon marinated, allow a cedar plank to soak in water for 1 hour.
- While the salmon marinates, prepare the guacamole by mixing together the avocados, lime juice, red onion and jalapeno. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the cedar plank from the water and lay out the salmon pieces in a single layer. Grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare the tacos by warming the tortillas. Divide the salmon, cabbage, corn and guacamole between the 8 tacos. Serve immediately with Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Rose.
This is a sponsored post from Rainstorm Wine, Copper River Salmon and Fire & Flavor. All opinions expressed are my own.