Well hello and happy Monday! Im so excited to bring you into week #2 of my 12 Days of Christmas giveaways. Did you make sure you enter last week to win some great prizes? The giveaways have been extended through this week to allow for additional entries. Dont miss out on some exciting swag!
Todays recipe and giveaway includes one of my favorites: Stonyfield Yogurt. These guys make awesome yogurt and I eat them exclusively. You can be assured that you wont find any pesticides or GMOs in their yogurt. You can rest assured that youre eating something delicious and good for you.
Im a huge fan of their Greek yogurt. I enjoy eating it as is and also cooking with it. Its a great, low-fat option to bake or cook with and can replace things like mayonnaise or oils. Today I used plain Greek yogurt as the base in my Waldorf Chicken Salad. Did you know that this salad actually originated at the Waldorf Hotel in New York City all the way back in 1893? Thats your fun fact of the day.
So before we get to this delicious chicken salad, how about todays giveaway?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, no more than 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 13 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 14 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple apple, peeled, cored, halved, and cut into 14-inch pieces
- 12 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 croissants
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons salt in 6 cups cold water in Dutch oven. Submerge chicken in water. Heat pot over medium heat until water registers 170 degrees. Turn off heat, cover pot, and let stand until chicken registers 165 degrees, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to paper towellined tray. Refrigerate until chicken is cool, about 30 minutes. While chicken cools, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, ground fennel, and 14 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into 12-inch pieces. Transfer chicken to bowl with mayonnaise mixture. Add celery, shallot, apple, walnuts, tarragon, and thyme; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad evenly among the 4 croissants and serve.